- 1 ¼ cups almond milk pulp, strained (OR 1 cup ground almonds mixed with enough almond milk to create a wet 'paste' in the food processor–less smooth in texture, but it is an adequate substitute)
- ¾ cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup agave, honey or maple syrup
- 1 generous pinch salt
- Scrapings of 1 vanilla bean, OR 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons Blue Majik® (depending on desired colour)
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until they form a dough. Add a little more agave or some almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
Line a dehydrator sheet with Teflex and scoop the macaroons out by round tablespoons onto the sheet. Dehydrate at 45 degrees for 6 hours, or until macaroons hold together well but are still a little soft. Enjoy!
To add a chocolate drizzle or to dip the bottoms of your cookies.