Recipe by Jade @panaceas_pantry
Ingredients for the crust
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp activated buckwheat grouts
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 30g cacao butter, grated
For the cupcakes
- 2.5 cups raw, unsalted cashews or macadamias, soaked for 4hours in water
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 60g cacao butter, grated
- 10-20 drops pure peppermint essential oil
- Blue Majk powder
- Green spirulina powder (optional)
Make the Crust
- Set aside a silicone, 6 piece muffi tray.
- Add grated cacao butter to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix well, then add the cacao butter. Mix again, spoon approx. 1.5 tbsp into each silicone mould and press down to form a nice even base (and just eat any remaining base mixture - yum!).
Make the Filling
- Add grated cacao butter and coconut oil to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cashews, coconut milk, rice malt syrup, and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blitz on high until smooth (around 1 minute).
- Next, add the melted cacao butter and coconut oil, blend again on high, for around 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into a bowl. Add the Blue Majk powder and spirulina powder, and blend again for 15-30 seconds.
- Fill each mould 1/2 way with the Blue Majk and spirulina layer, then top with the white mixture.
- Transfer the left over mixture to thefidge to firm up if you wish to do the piping on top, and put the cupcakes in the freeze, set for 3 hours.
- If piping, wait until the remaining mixture is around the consistency of thick yoghurt, then transfer.